The Namibia Command and Staff College was established on 10 August 2009 and officially launched by Hon. Maj Gen (rtd) Charles DNP Namoloh, the then Minister of Defence.
To produce quality and competent officers for employment in command and staff appointments.
To be an institution of reputable standing in training both tactical and operational military officers of the highest professional standard.
Integrity, Professionalism, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork, Innovation and Creativity.
- To provide a full knowledge of tactical and operational warfare both at command and staff level.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the military's role within a democratic society.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of Joint Warfare capabilities and staff procedures.
- To provide understanding of Namibia's role in Africa and the International System.
- To provide a thorough knowledge of the organisations, roles and functions of all the arms of Services of the NDF.
- To provide a sound knowledge of how the NDF contributes to Namibia's internal and foreign policy objectives.
In pursuit of these objectives, the College has developed and maintained a close relationship with Services` schools and local and international academic institutions for training assistance and instructional materials.